Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Romans 5:3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance

My title today is a bible verse that was put on my heart by some dear friends who have paid attention to me when I was hurting and posting it all over FB. They found a little picture with that verse and thought to give it to me. That made my day. Knowing someone was really listening, not judging but listening and seeing that I was truly hurting, in a bad place and needed comfort. I have never met them, they are FB friends but I tell you, they really are a blessing!
We don't think that there is any way that we can get through these painful days, but if we know there's a reason for the suffering then we will continue to endure it and we will learn we are strong enough to handle it. I don't believe in any way that I am being punished for anything. I believe my suffering with this pain is making me stronger, strong enough to share my thoughts and feelings with others who are hurting. I am not a writer, but I do have the gift of gab, so maybe, just maybe God is using that gift in me to bring strength to others. Do I always have a great attitude? NO! Sometimes I lay in bed and wallow in pity! Poor me, why me? Well why not me? I'm not better than anyone, and there are my dear, a lot more people out there who are worse off than you so get up and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Get up and enjoy life any way you can! That's my dialogue to myself just about every single morning! When I wake up, first thing I say to myself is what is hurting? Of course I know the back is, but is the knee?  Are the thighs, fingers, elbows or feet?  I adjust my day accordingly after I take my meds, sit down at the computer, have a couple cups of coffee and let the meds kick in so I can be productive in some way! I am grateful to God that I do not suffer depression. I have before, and I get down, because lets face it, pain sucks! It's hard to deal with 24/7 but I have to live, so if I feel myself getting more down about my situation than I should, I do what my Dr. recommended I do and that's seek therapy. It helps so much to talk about it with someone who can give me the coping tools I need. I recommend it to any of you who have chronic pain that disrupts your daily life. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We all need a little help now and then coping with anything this old world throws at us! I don't want to talk about how I am hurting today. Today is a happy day. I am going to dinner with friends tonight to celebrate my birthday ( it's tomorrow ) and eat that beautiful cake I made for myself last night, from scratch, and so yummy! I pray you all have a beautiful day! Please, leave comments at the bottom of the page to let me know you've been here. You don't have to have a google account, you can just post anonymous. I thank each and every one of you for dropping by and please, if you feel your family or friends would like to read this blog, share it with them! God bless!
Love to you all,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment