Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Do I say I too much?

Today I am resting, taking it easy and just laying around in pjs with a cup of coffee and my computer. I started thinking ( btw that's dangerous ) ha, and I was thinking that I say I too much now. Well it was kind of brought to my attention but it did make me think about it. Although I still love everyone and try to be as caring and supportive as I can, I do see that when someone is having a problem and if I can relate I always bring up my stuff. Why do I and others do that? I am not trying to make my stuff seem worse by no means, honestly I think I am just relating the only way I know how. You can't have a conversation without saying I sometimes. Those of us who do this, maybe we can stop when we start talking or writing and see if it's going to seem that way to the person we are talking to. I am always trying to compare stuff, well you did this but I did that and so that's conversation isn't it? Am I confusing y'all? lol I am confusing myself. I just do not want to ever seem like I am coming off as self absorbed. I think maybe since I have become chronically ill that may be the case more than I realized. I started this blog to talk about my pain and my everyday life dealing with it, but I also wanted interaction with those people who are like me. I was hoping that people would feel comfortable enough with me that they would interact here. Facebook was my place, but people start making you feel like you're a downer when you feel bad and you're ruining their day by talking about it, but with this blog, you know what you're getting into before you read it. I am in a lot of groups dealing with my conditions but even there sometimes people act like they would rather talk about anything other than what's bothering them or what's ailing them. I am trying to get into crocheting and I've been working my jigsaw, trying to do anything but think about the pain! So anyway, when I am in pain, I am going to talk about it. When you are in pain I will be sympathetic and I may say well I hurt this way or that way but remember, I am only trying to relate, not take anything away from you! We are in this together! Romans 12:10 says this....Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 
Love to you all, 
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment